"Most parents only trust items that are protected by a package for the safety issues. Luckily, we have alternatives to the icky chemical laden treats we ate as children. My favorite candy to pass out is Yummy Earth Organics. You can find them at Whole Foods and other healthy grocers. These packaged lollipops are free from chemicals, high fructose corn syrup, and dyes. They taste amazing too, as they are made with only real fruit extracts.
Some vegan candies that are not organic or as healthy (but are cheaper and more readily accessible) are Airheads taffy, Swedish Fish, and Sour Patch Kids. Of course, you can always make your own candy, too.
Here’s the recipe for a treat I treasured growing up, and it’s simple to make.
Cinnamon Glass Candy:
3 ¾ cup vegan sugar.
1 ½ cup corn syrup.
1 cup water.
1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil.
Orange food coloring👇
In a large sauce pan or dutch oven, mix sugar, syrup and water.
Place candy thermometer on side. On medium/high heat, bring to boil to 300 degrees. DO NOT STIR.
Once it reaches 300 degrees, remove from heat. Stir in desired oil & food coloring.
Lightly sprinkle two cookie sheets with vegan powdered sugar.
Pour mix onto cookie sheets. Tilt pans to even mixture (pans will be hot.) It needs to cool and not be sticky to the touch.
Twist pans to break. Put a few pieces in a halloween themed baggie and pass it out to trick or treaters! Happy Halloween!” 🎃
Thank you @kateveltkamp! #VegansofIG
- madame-biddle reblogged this from vegansofig
- ksdofkslgtptkh likes this
- edamamecrush reblogged this from vegansofig
- kyriefitzgerald likes this
- bittersweetaubade reblogged this from vegansofig
- liberatetofu2391 likes this
- luminousasastar likes this
- arocktheparty likes this
- andsoitvegans reblogged this from vegansofig
- blueeyesandstormyskies likes this
- barefootuniverse likes this
- ladzarab likes this
- riseupandfucksociety reblogged this from vegansofig
- furfreela likes this
- alimentsansanimal likes this
- labellenuage likes this
- janedoughxvx likes this
- anchorshoy reblogged this from vegansofig
- odieghanoush reblogged this from vegansofig
- stixxandbones likes this
- vegansofig posted this